Wood Sealing Process
Give your deck or fence a fresh look with longevity
Seal for a lifetime
Many homeowners install decks and other wooden exterior hardscapes to a property, only to realize later that they neglected to seal the wood, or have only applied a topical sealant that degrades immediately after application. This results in structurally weaker wood and promotes the growth and development of mold, mildew, and various fungi. Protect the investment you’ve already made with Seal Now permanent deck sealant.
a wood sealant?
There are numerous advantages to applying a Seal Now sealant:
- Environmentally safe
- A one-time application procedure
- Leaves a clear, natural finish without a surface membrane
- Enhances the grain in wood
- Provides a surface for better bonding of varnish, paint, stains, and adhesives
Seals, waterproofs, preserves, and hardens wood
- Penetrates the wood and forms an internal seal
- Does not change the physical characteristics of the wood
- Slows seepage, dampness, mold, fungus, and warping
- Results in a nonslip surface
Where to Use
Our sealants work great on many different types of wood:
- Cedar shakes
- Other wood
- New or previously treated wood
Why choose Seal Now?
The SealNow product offers exceptional protection and peace of mind for property owners:
- Fire retardant
- Wood retains the natural color longer
- Slows warping and dampness
- Slows rotting, mold, mildew, and fungus
- Enhances the grain of wood
- Hardens and densifies wood
Services include an initial walk-through and estimate of areas to be cleaned and sealed. Next comes a professional surface wash to prepare the surface to be sealed. Finally, Seal Now will apply the sealer to dry surfaces and mark off areas to dry before vehicle or foot traffic on sealed concrete.